Thursday, November 7, 2013

Moving A Short Distance Slowly

I haven't ridden for a week. Kidney stones. Ouch. If you've never had them, thank your lucky stars. This picture is not showing granola. It's showing little crystals that (hopefully and painfully) come out through your private plumbing ... So I have consumed about 25 quarts of sports drinks and an equal amount of water in the past week. Some of these little monsters have traveled the foot from my kidneys to the outside world. Finally. 

(Picture from Wikipedia. Not me. )


Because it was a nice day and I'm feeling slightly better, I slowly descended the stairs to the bike shed and to my dismay found my tires almost flat. I pumped them up. Groan. 


I gently sat on my bike shed chair and pulled on my gear. 


The bike and I slowly ascended the steps to the street, and I climbed on. Then I did a few careful miles.

 I looked at the patches on our street from sewer work which should be coming to an end soon. 


I considered stopping and sitting on this seat in a stranger's yard.  But the two little urns with dying plants put me off the idea. 


It was such a nice day that I wanted to stay outside, but not pedaling. I went home, left my bike, drove to the lighthouse, and enjoyed some time sitting outside. Not riding. 

Enjoy it with me and remember this is November 7th and it's 80° F.