Tuesday, July 9, 2013

One More Time Around

I thought it was time for a reprise of the Cycling Cazalea blog premise.

I write this blog because I told my friends Mike and John back in February that I would start riding my bike again. They almost scoffed, but didn't. But I got their point. Too old to teach me any new tricks, eh? I think not. So I started riding and now it's 4 months later and I haven't given up yet. Good on me, as they say.

So we got on our single bikes tonight, wearing the old shoes and civilian clothes. Riding is riding, and I don't do it for exercise, utility or to impress. Just to ride.

I'm riding the Platano today because my Paramount got a flat. A thorn in the sew-up tires. No problem, I bought 3 new tires a couple months ago and I've been waiting to mount them. But not tonight.


For old times sake, we went by the "I Never Expected A Road Garden". My wife contributed the contents of her water bottle (I never seem to have one on my bike). We watered it. This little patch of green has survived total annihilation attempts by the sewer replacement crew, and it's still alive.


Watch Malcolm Guite from Cambridge sing his song about the Green Man! I saw him in live concert 2 weeks ago here in San Diego.


We went by the weather mirror. It showed a beautiful day. Some clouds in the distance.


We found a Mustang Convertible from the 1960's, so it qualifies for my wife's new rule of "we look for Olde Cars Only".


And we made a movie going down a dirt alley (and I nearly crashed like I did the first time I tried this).