Saturday, February 23, 2013

Early Morning Ride Two

Yes, that's right, the title means two people riding early in the morning - on a tandem. Not just the second time I've gone riding before 8 am.
I should have given the camera to my wife, but she's not that saavy on using an iPhone, nor does she see that well with sunglasses and no correction. So I just took a few shots as I normally do while riding. I like the way they came out - illustrating both the sun angle and our mutual endeavor.

CAUTION: The following photo was taken by a professional rider on a closed course. Do not attempt this at home.

Shadows are not enough. We thought we should capture some of the dynamic feeling of tandem riding. But then I discovered the "degree of difficulty" of tandem photography. Do you know how hard it is to take decent photos between your legs while pedaling AND holding the camera AND steering the bike?


I only got one usable shot before I concluded we were highly likely to crash into a curb or fall over. It does nicely illustrate the chains on both side (I use masking tape on both legs of my jeans; the poor man's pants clips). And if you look closely you can see what gear we are in.

I eventually put away the phone and we did some actual riding. Up and down a few hills, managing even to get into the Low-Low gears. And we spotted a nice old Cadillac Eldorado not far from home.