Thursday, June 13, 2013

Seal of Honor

It's a beautiful day - perfect for a short bike ride. But my short ride turned into quite a long one.


The sewer repair crew created a geyser this afternoon, sending a river of water down the street. As I came up on my bike, they were there scratching their heads and calling more trucks.

I decided to ride down along the east side of the airport. I saw a nice white Dodge Dart convertible (shown below).



Even though you can get pretty close to the airport perimeter on a bicycle, I have the feeling that "they" are watching me carefully. Here is a weather station data acquisition antenna ...


 ... and some seriously wired, barbed wire fencing.


I rode up Harbor Drive a few miles to Spanish Landing, dropped my bike (gently) on the sand, took off my old cycling shoes, and strode through the deep sand.


I went into the water for a little splash. I can't explain why the water is not blue in this picture. I didn't do anything to make it yellow :-(


Then I saw the SEAL tourist truck driving along the bay. I knew it was about to head into the water and do its wade-on-the-water tour out to the bait barge. I knew if I extended my ride another 5 miles, I could get up to the Shelter Island boat ramp and take a video of it exiting the water.


The SEAL stopped to do a check to make sure no aquatic debris was on the bottom of the hull, then started off down to the Embarcadero to drop this group and pick up some more passengers.


I chased it for a few blocks until they hit a red light, and that's when I saw its name is Seal of Honor.


PS - two Mustang Convertibles spotted, but no photos.