Friday, June 7, 2013

Short and Sour

Alas, we had trouble today. No, not the fat tires - they were great.


But my care-free test ride yesterday did not produce a quality adjustment of the rear derailleur. On a hill with wife in place we threw the chain into the spokes when reaching for low gear. Ay!

I stopped immediately and no damage was done.  No problem really, other than greasy fingers. 

(I must add that she took it quite seriously - grease not being high on the list of things to accumulate on a Friday evening ride). 

I guess I will have to swap clusters so I can keep the 6 speeds and 3 chain rings - AND the same adjustments! I found a brand-new Winner Pro 13-28 in my parts box, so if I can get this one off the Phil hub, I'll be set. 

Despite the distress, we did manage to see a souped-up Mustang though ...


Then we went home. 


To a great roast chicken dinner. And a post done entirely from my iPad using a new app. 

How's it look?