Sunday, June 2, 2013

Not All Gold Glitters

Yes, we went riding today on our tandem. And I went on a short ride yesterday but I failed to do the blog. Whoops, sorry. I was too tired from whale watching, riding, and doing chores.


Today I tried out a new shirt. It's plenty warm. Much warmer than I expected, in fact. And it's bright orange too, so I don't need my lime green safety vest.


My stoker wore her yellow-orange shirt, so we could look almost synchronized in our clothing, as well as our pedaling. 


In a rare spotting, we passed another tandem early in our ride. And even rarer still, it was a woman in the captain's position - with no one on the back. We headed down to the river and did the ever-so-flat bike path heading eastward. No need for the small chainring here ... but eventually we come to its end and enter into a busy industrial area.


After getting through the traffic areas, we headed home through the neighborhoods. I spotted another mix-and-match-the-minerals front yard. Really! Look at this. What do they teach in schools nowadays?


Don't people know you shouldn't mix grey concrete, painted concrete, red brick, gray mortarless block, red retaining wall block and pseudo-stone ALL IN ONE PLACE? Just in front of a black asphalt street? It's like wearing orange and purple plaid, striped and checked polyester corduroy pants! With mauve socks to match the door.

Sigh.

MUSTANG CONVERTIBLES


Regular readers of the blog are no doubt waiting for the Mustang Convertible spotting report. And here it is - we can confirm that we saw over 12 M Cs today. Yes, a dozen (or more - I lost count). And at least a dozen yesterday too.

It helped that I was driving around the waterfront for 2 hours, teaching high school graduates how to drive a manual-shift transmission. We saw plenty of renta-Mustangs during the lessons. Here are a few of the civilian (non-rental) cars:






This might be the first Gold M C! I like it!