Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Longer Than Necessary Ride

I went for a ride today down to the annual National City Car Show. And due to lack of attention and meandering, my one-way distance down there was 4 miles longer than it should have been. Oops.


Downtown was as empty as you'd expect on a Sunday morning. Horton Plaza is under construction, again.


I went past the port of San Diego. Here you can see the Dole area. It's now bringing in 3 times as much value in tropical flowers as pineapples.


Then I cycled through Barrio Logan, where the quality of housing and yards are pretty grim.


And finally zig-zagged under the highest overpass in the city before arriving at Kimball Park. There I spotted an absolutely gorgeous Buick. What do you think?


It was beautiful inside, with custom gauges that fit perfectly.


A Cadillac Fleetwood limo caught my eye. The owner told me he's only the third owner in 55 years and perhaps only a few of the 150 originally built still exist.


As you would expect, there were lovely Mustang Convertibles to be seen as well. I think I've seen 7 so far on today's ride.


Do you like my fancy framing job with the Paramount on this photo? I got lots of compliments on my bike while walking it around the cars - three from old guys and one from a cute college girl - all of them loving the look of chrome trimmed with red.


I'll finish with this creative BMW / Sidecar combo, complete with matching canoe paddle.