Sunday, August 11, 2013

What a Beautiful Day

I started today's ride by changing my mind twice about the route. Instead of going North and downhill, I went West and uphill. When I got to he top of the hill, I went South and down. I must be crazy. But here's what you find when you follow your nose and avoid traffic:


A gorgeous street, with well-kept homes, shade trees and no barking dogs. I should move there - but no houses for sale. 

Then I began to get distracted by cars. A "Landie"


A glowing green Porsche aptly named as GRN FLSH. Does that refer to the sun going down into the sea? Or the Porsche scooting past you on the road?


Next I slid through a gap in the hedge and found myself a Sears Textur-Coated Jeep. A very nasty piece of work, this one. Judging by the diamond-plate panels on the sills and rear corners, it has a bit of rust. 


Moving along the waterfront, I spied a man, sitting in a sidecar, reading a magazine, watching a girl catching a fish (halibut; not a keeper).


I talked to some people in a Corvair Greenbriar Van, and told them that my (former) Corvair Rampside Pickup is currently for sale. Only $10k on Craigslist. 


Then I went to the edge of the bay and gazed at the water for awhile...


Finally rode home, uphill, into the wind, squinting as sunlight was glinting off my shiny watch and bike.