Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Where Have I Been?

Not on my bike, that's for sure. I've been selling and repairing cars. Brakes on one, suspension on another, wheel alignment, tires, heater valve on a third, shipping the fourth off to SFO, etc.


Honestly I am getting tired of this. But I have to keep them going - it's the curse of the DIY handyman.


Not to mention some baking along the way.


And I fell out of a tree. Yes, why is a 60+ bike rider climbing a tree? To get a look at a full moon. It looks great, don't you think? I thought so, as I limped home, bleeding.


Today the bruises are gone, the scars are fading, the cars are gone, the memories are fading - and I'm back on the bike. Riding on the grass so I won't get hurt if I fall down ...


Remembering my wife's admonition that Mustang Convertibles are overdone in my blog, and newer cars are too boring, I grabbed a photo of this Porsche 914 that's been lurking in the shadows of a huge tree for many months.


And I played around with the camera a bit, getting some sharp shadows in the evening sunlight.


Finally as I was making my way back through the construction zone, I discovered the cutest, smallest backhoe I have ever seen. You could use it to put a 1-gal potted plant into your garden.


The repairs I performed in the last episode seem to have been successful. No more creaking of the cranks when I am pounding along up a steep hill. I love a quiet bike and a quiet ride.