Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Very Busy Day

I hardly had time to ride today. I did the grocery shopping first. Then raced downtown, boarded the Hornblower Adventure and went whale watching. We saw dozens of bottlenose dolphins, hundreds of common dolphins, and one beautiful blue whale. In front of the USS Carl Vinson CVN-70.
Then I shot back home, opened a UPS package, and went out to change the fuel injectors on my car. That took a lot of physical and psychic energy, but solved the driveability problem I was having.
I went off to get my hair cut, then came back and hopped on The New Bike. I'll just share some images of it with you today. The Head tube.
 The seat stay(s) and binder bolt and rear brake
 The bottom bracket.
The downtube and company logo.
The top tube
The Campagnolo Digital Tech Intelligence control unit  (shown upside down, as it's under the stem).
Here's my "I am actually riding this bike today" photo. Nice looking fork? It's ok as carbon forks go but aesthetically, I must say that I prefer the elegantly curved blades of a Reynolds or Columbus steel tubing fork.