Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Most Beautiful ...

I like her. I don't even know her exact name, but I know I love her face. Am I fickle? Is my sense of innate worth swayed by outward good looks rather than inner charm and intelligence? Yes. And Yes. Here she is - what do you think?
Of course I was talking about a car. And not a Mustang Convertible, either. An Aston Martin. Strangely, this beauty's owner also has a Honda Accord, Chevy Suburban, two Cadillacs and a red and white Mustang Convertible. As far as I can see, only two people live at the house. So that's 7 cars. Precisely the number that my wife and I currently own. So you won't catch me throwing stones at this guy, or his cars.

I went out on my bike after dinner so the ride was late and short. I cruised back by the huge row of sewer pipes from yesterday and rechecked my count. The pile was much larger than my guess-timate. Instead of 100, there are 260 pipes waiting to be lowered into a ditch and filled with "stuff". Luckily they seem to have very nice seals at either end, to keep that goop inside the pipes.
I went around the corner from the pipes and up a street I seldom travel, where I spotted a spotted cow standing against the fence. Printed just above its udder is the verse Psalm 50:10 "Every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills."
There are only two other cows in our neighborhood that I know of (certainly not 1000) so perhaps in the next few days I'll get a photo of each of them. 

Here's the obligatory "I am really riding photo" which shows it's approaching 6:35 pm. Since sunset comes about 7:20 tonight, I'd better get myself back home while it's still light.
There's just enough time for a quick sunset-over-the-ocean photo, and it's back across the hill for me.
I got home, grabbed my cat, and settled down for a restful evening. Interrupted by writing this blog, of course. I hope you like the animation:

this