Monday, September 9, 2013

Bikes, Bins and Boats

I should remember that bikes and bins and big trucks don't mix. Or that rubbish, rush hours and riding on Rosecrans are an unpleasant combination. So why am I down here on a Monday morning?


To see my pal's new boat, before it goes back in the water. 


To assess what kind of work it might need before it's a sea-worthy vessel again. 


It looks like some scraping may be required. And painting. Plus there are two Chevy 350s inside to worry about. 


But it might be fun out on the water, too. 

Since I haven't ridden or posted for awhile, I was interested to see what was going on this morning. Here is  a top-down example of my favorite summer car, the Mustang Convertible. 


There were a few serious runners sweating off the weekend's excess calories, a few old geezers on bikes, and loads of people drinking coffee and reading the papers. A quiet morning at the harbor. 


I back slogged along the busy road (formerly known as the La Playa Trail, Route 12, and California State Route 209). And finally turned off towards home. A splashy fountain called my attention to an inviting swing seat, conveniently positioned by the curb as I began the uphill, into-the-wind segment of my ride. Some day I'll sit in it. And some day I'll do a blog about all the front yard swings around the neighborhood. 


But on this morning I'm not too hot or tired after only 5 miles, so I am happy to go cool down and blog from my own front porch. 

Where I can watch my cat watch a woodpecker on a palm tree. What is he thinking?


"I know I can climb that high. Even so, I need all four paws to climb, so how am I going to catch that bird when I get there?"