Monday, September 16, 2013

Deliberations at Dawn

It's Monday. It's cool and foggy, and I'm out here on my bike well before 7 am. 


Why? I wonder. Is it because I've been up since 4am thanks to a restless cat?

Or perhaps to get a ride in before the construction crews get to work on the sewer and water pipes underneath our pavements?


Could I be out here just to observe newly-shorn trees? This one should look nice in a few months when it fills out again...

What am I -- what should I -- be looking for (instead of sleeping)?


I did notice, for the first time ever, a homestead whose house and car match almost perfectly. It couldn't have been accidental! The careful color-coordination was obvious. 


I remembered to avoid Rosecrans (big, busy arterial street), this morning, but did tangle with three different trash trucks. This truck is emptying the trash (black) cans, while the gentleman on the sidewalk is scavenging from the recycling (blue) can. 


This purple bench called itself to my attention from an attractive street corner. If you look very closely, you might see the bike lock wrapped around the front leg of the bench (to our right), connecting it to a ring set in concrete. This must be the second bench they've put out there.

I rode home to find Mr. Early Riser Cat waiting for me on the porch. He's now sleeping on my chest, so maybe I'll stop writing and join him for a catnap...