Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Short Rant

Ladies, is it really necessary to be either drinking or on the telephone ALL THE TIME?

I see a lot of things when I ride around in the morning. And it seems 90% of the women I see have either a telephone stuck up to their face, or are holding a cup of coffee or a gigantic sports drink bottle. Usually this is while driving, but it's also prevalent with exercising moms. Phone at face, drink bottle in the other hand along with dog leash and stroller handle. I'm not making this up.

Multi-tasking is not always a good thing! Talk to your kid in the stroller. Pet your dog. Let your phone-friend do the same with her family. And look around you before you saunter out into the street without a care!

OK, rant over.

I promise I am not going to start photographing them like I have been Mustang Convertibles, otherwise everywhere I go I'll be seeing women in SUVs with strollers, phones and drinks ...

This lonely, unloved car is for sale. It's in the driveway of a house on a nearby street. Speaking of lonely and unloved - is there anything more forlorn than an empty parking lot in a busy city? Thousands of people looking for a place to put their car, and here's an expanse of asphalt going completely to waste.
Along with one of the few completely failed medical centers in our town. When hospitals go bust, they are an albatross building of the first order. What to do with it is the question the owners have been asking for years. Here's the sales brochure if you would like to buy this nice 10-story, 180,000 square foot tower...
The architect who designed it also did my house. I prefer my mid-century dwelling compared to this hospital's brutalist architecture.
I tried to get an artsy photo while riding my bike past some mirrored shop windows, and failed. Here's a nice view of my wrist instead. And a look at my shiny frame and newly-cleaned, adjusted, powerful, quiet Campy brake.