Friday, May 17, 2013

Ducks, Roses and 50-50 Bars

I never know what I will see on my daily bike ride. One day a crying homeless person, the next day classic architecture or crashing waves. Today I stopped to smell the roses at Liberty Station - at the former Naval Training Center Commander's Office. Beautiful, eh?
Smelled just like a rose should, too.
I was positively thrilled with this sighting - a 'donked' and 'vampired' Chrysler sedan with giant wheels, tasteful trimming throughout, and signs of daily use.
Just marveling at the time, taste, money and energy that was put into this car, I rounded the corner and nearly ran over a small cadre of ducks. Ducks? The last thing I expected in a military housing area, but why not, I guess. Could they have been pets? I don't think so, but apparently they were happy to clean up after the obviously youthful residents of this house.
I was still chuckling about the ducks when I decided to go back into the "real world" of traffic and busy morning activity. On my way through to the main drag I came across a superb Chevy Suburban, carefully painted up in 50-50 bar (orange and cream) colors, aka The Creamsicle.

Yes, the middle pillars and rear window glass are missing - what a great long low impression it makes!
I probably wouldn't split the two colors of paint along the same lines that he did (can you imagine a woman doing this? No, me neither) but I still like the overall effect. Good enough (almost) to eat.
Regular readers of this cycling (and car spotting) blog know that I can't close without this final shot:
ANOTHER darn Mustang Convertible?!