Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Rocks and Rollin'

I stopped my ride to inspect this wall today. I saw three kinds of rocks meeting - pea gravel, fake round rocks and fake flat rocks. They don't look like they would occur together naturally. But in that strange universe we call American Suburbia they need no geological explanation. You could probably find a Home Depot SKU on each rock.


Speaking of stones, earlier today I weighed my bikes on the scale. The tandem = 46.5 lbs, the Platano = 25 lbs, and the Paramount = 23 lbs.  They don't feel exceptionally light, but they're not bad for 40-year-old bicycles either. And that's including water bottle cages, racks and pumps - plus pedals with straps and clips, mind you - not like today's bikes where pedals aren't included.


I also stopped by to see how the road garden is doing. I featured it in THIS episode of the blog. After all the road construction above and around it, I'm surprised anything is still living. Maybe I'll sneak up there and water the plants that are surviving.


Here are a few nice flower plants, seen from the front wheel's perspective.



MUSTANG CONVERTIBLES


No Mustangs today for me, but my wife spotted three. Maybe all these signs scared them away.