Thursday, May 30, 2013

Not Much to Say Today

 

I went for a ride after dinner. Not too much to see, not too much to say. Except:

Our neighbors were filling their pool, and forgot to turn off the water when they left the house. It flooded out into the street. I turned it off.

I saw a bunch of cars with magnetic signs, business names painted on them, and personalized license plates. I took pictures of all of them, thinking I would do a post of how to promote your business with your car signage. Except due to the late hour, none of the photos were clear enough for the high quality standards demanded of my blog. Except this one:



Yet if you check the web address painted on the side of the van, you will find the site is inactive and you can get the address from GoDaddy for free. It must not have been much of a web business. Sigh.

I kept circling in an outward spiral through residential streets looking for an incredible, or striking, or beautiful sight to report. All I could come up with is these two cars, with home-made car covers. I know that the car in the driveway, under a tarp, is a not-so-very-nice kit Countach replica, based on a Fiero. I have forgotten what the car in the street is, but I do like the sheer audacity of sewing up two half-covers out of beach towels and fastening them onto the car with clothes pins [click the image to see a larger version]


I went by the road garden and watered it by carefully pouring the contents of my water bottle onto the plants.

HO HUM.  But wait, I just thought of something!

MUSTANG CONVERTIBLES

Earlier today, I saw two Ford Mustang Convertibles, one white and one red. Add that to the seven I saw during the rest of the day and it's an all-time record for me. Red (several shades), White, Blue, Black and Yellow. Here's a shot of a blue one in my rear view mirror (of my car).


I've remembered something else which I don't think I reported earlier. I was going to save it for the future Mustang Convertibles Only blog. But given the scarcity of material tonight ... here goes:

Saturday I saw three white M Cs in 7 minutes. Going over the Coronado bridge to drop off some borrowed tools, this car went past on my left. Top down, nice day, a guy on his own. Time of the photo?
May 25, 10:00:01 am. 

[Have the NHTSA banned taking pictures with a cell phone while driving over a giant bridge yet?]


I looked in my rear view mirror, and coming up on my right was another white M C, top down, one guy driving. An older model. Both in view at the exact same time as shown below. The time? Twenty seconds later.
May 25, 10:00:21 am.


Here is the first car, turning left in front of me. Time of photo? Thirty-five seconds later.
May 25, 10:01:56 am.


Marveling, I dropped off the goods, swung the car around and got back on the bridge within 5 minutes. Swooshing past me went a couple in another white M C, top down, enjoying their day in San Diego.
May 25, 10:06:51 am.


I will have to decide if when I decide to convert my cycling blog to a Mustang Convertible blog.