Sunday, May 26, 2013

The New Shoes


My new cycling shoes (ok, my Nike Gato Indoor Soccer shoes) worked great today. And just for fun, I got some new "shoes" for the Paramount, as well.


We rode in terror through some of the busiest streets in town - including our Old Town area (it was hopping!), Sports Arena, Morena District, etc. We did take time to smell the roses, or at least gaze at the river winding its way to the sea.


Because the roads are so bad, and because you can't "jump" over the potholes like you can with a single, I think I'm going to get some fatter, taller, more-street-worthy tires for the tandem.

After I stop looking at old Red and White Fords that jump out at me. Remember the white Falcon wagon from a few days ago?? Here's its cousin. I'm amazed, because 50-hr-old cars don't grow on trees, even in Southern California!

MUSTANG CONVERTIBLES

On the tandem today; we saw M Cs galore. I think six altogether. But I only got photos of three cars. So here is a white one, a red one, a black one, and none of the other M Cs.